Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Magnificent Muffin

Have I ever told you about the world's most perfect food?  It's the muffin.  Let me tell you why.  It's small and portable.  Delicious and quick.  Healthy (sometimes) and easy.  I make muffins every week for my husband and I to take as a snack.

If there is a piece of fruit rotting on my kitchen counter odds are good that it will be whipped into a muffin in short order.

I made these cranberry corn muffins when I was cleaning out the fridge and found a bag of cranberries. I am so skilled with muffins that I really don't use a recipe any more.  I have a basic idea of the amount of dry to wet ingredients and then I wing it. 

As a teenager I thought there was something wrong with me because I thought about food all the time.  In health class they make you watch horrific after school specials about girls with eating disorders, and I used to fret that I had one because I sometimes obsessed about food.  I didn't realize I was just a foodie.  

To me assembling the ingredients to bake is akin to taking a warm bubble bath or having a glass of wine.  It soothes my soul.  

1 comment:

Blogging tips