Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fuzzy Toddler Leg Warmers





I haven't knitted much of anything this school year, I think I've made it clear on this blog before that most evenings consist of me sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV until I fall asleep (at 9 pm).  So in lieu of finishing projects that I have lying around, I started a new one.  I think that's something a Gemini would do.  I've been fiddling around all week with one leg warmer--trying to figure out how many stitches to cast on, what size needle to use--so yesterday morning when it occured to me that Callah had nothing to wear for St. Patrick's Day, I lept into action.  I can tell you that one leg warmer knits up in the amount of time it takes to drive from Milwaukee to Madison including pauses for nausea.


The "pattern" such as it is:

Materials:
worsted weight yarn (half of a skein)
Size 8 needles

CO 38 stitches
Knit in rib stitch (K1, P1) for 5 rows
Knit in stocking stitch until total piece measures 7 inches
Knit in rib stitch for 3 rows
Bind off.

Sew seam and weave ends.

*If you use double pointed needles, it's even quicker, you can skip the seam step.  I tried to do this but couldn't get the gauge right with any of the sizes I had.

Viola! You are done.  Fits one tiny 18 month old.



When she put them on the girl had to dance!


Can also be worn as arm warmers if you are kooky like my kid.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips